"Roofs Rising" represents Miami’s greatest reminder that housing ends homelessness
Roofs are going to be rising in Miami-Dade County, all for the benefit of our community’s street homeless. The public is invited to enjoy the Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust’s educational art installation entitled “Roofs Rising.”
This unique project – made up of a mosaic of hand painted mini-homes – is designed to call attention to the homeless housing needs in our community. It launches on Homeless Awareness Day November 9.
The mini-homes will eventually become house-warming gifts to those in the Trust’s Continuum of Care, but more importantly, serve to open doors and pathways for supportive housing solutions for those most vulnerable in Miami-Dade.
Learn how you can be part of the solution by visiting Roofs Rising at Brickell City Centre from November 9-15. The viewing area is next to Saks Fifth Avenue on the lower level.
Thanks to the many participating organizations that are making Roofs Rising a reality:
- Better Way of Miami
- Brickell City Centre
- Camillus House
- Chapman Partnership’s Board of Directors
- Chapman Partnership NextGen
- City of Miami
- Coral Reef Elementary Youth Crime Watch Club
- Cushman School
- Design and Architecture Senior High
- Florida International University
- Girl Scouts Troop 288
- Girl Scouts Troop 800
- Girl Scouts Troop 811
- Lawton Chiles Middle School
- Life is Art, Inc.
- M Network
- Mater Lakes Academy High School
- Miami Dade College
- Miami-Dade County Board of Commissioners
- Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust Board
- Miami-Dade County School Board
- Miami International University of Art & Design
- Ministries United by Faith
- National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Our Lady of Lourdes Academy
- Ransom Everglades School
- Somerset Arts Conservatory
- Space Mountain
- St. Timothy Parish School
- Swire Properties
- United States Interagency Council on Homelessness
- University of Miami
- Voice of Love
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.