What is RentConnect?
RentConnect is a team of housing professionals who connect landlords with tenants. Our expert matching program supports owners and managers in keeping properties full and rents paid.
The tenant pool we offer is made up of homeless individuals and families who are motivated to succeed and eager to once again have a place to call home. List your property with us and find not just a tenant, but also a team of professionals committed to providing excellent service and solid outcomes.
RentConnect is part of the Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust Continuum of Care whose aim is to ensure no one rests until everyone has a home.
Listing Rentals for the RentConnect Program Is Easy and Free on HomelessTrust.org
- Free and easy to register online or by fax, email or toll-free call.
- 24/7 online access to add and update unlimited listings.
- Advertise one address or many: “cloning” tools help list multifamily properties quickly.
- Add photos and helpful details to showcase your property.
- An interactive map link is automatically added to each listing.
- No time limits on listings, no need to list repeatedly.
A Direct Link to RentConnect
- Listings are not publicly viewable and can only be searched by authorized caseworkers with the Homeless Trust and RentConnect.
- Caseworkers search for housing using specific criteria that you can add to your listings, helping you receive more serious inquiries.
- Receive email notifications regarding upcoming RentConnect meetings and education opportunities in your area.
Live Phone Assistance at 1-877-428-8844 Ext 152
- Toll-free assistance is available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Call center staff can help create new listings and update current listings.
- Bilingual representatives are available.
How Do I Get Started?
Contact us here www.socialserve.com/dbh/realtor/?ch=MIAHT to register your units.
Your Rent Connect Benefits
- High-Touch Support for the Landlord. Landlords are provided a direct contact to call if an issue arises that they don’t know how to deal with. Our team will return your call within 24 hours and provide the support needed to manage any situation.
- Hands-On Support for the Renter. We understand your lease expectations (i.e. pay rent on time, maintain the unit in good condition; be a good neighbor; and not cause disturbances). Our housing and case management experts ensure that participants are keeping up with these obligations and getting the support they need. Regular follow up with participants allows us to identify and resolve issues early on to avoid grounds for eviction.
- Guaranteed Rent Payments. We offer consistent, reliable rent payments through the Homeless Trust and we ensure that our participants make timely payment of their share of the rent. Should one of our participants run into a problem, we have eviction prevention funds set aside to help that participant through their rough spot.
- Security Deposit Support. Our team helps individuals get back up and on their feet. We have found that many low-income participants can afford the monthly rent, but have difficulty saving enough money for their security deposit, so we step in to make sure you receive a security deposit through the housing program assisting the participant.
- Claims-Based Damage Mitigation Funds to cover tenant-caused damages (excluding normal wear and tear) that exceed the amount of the tenant’s security deposit.
- Prepared Renters. Our team is made up of housing navigators/housing specialists who provide tenant readiness training to participants which covers tenancy obligations, household budgeting, housekeeping, maintaining the unit’s condition and other useful topics.
- Eviction Prevention Assistance in case the tenant falls behind on their rent obligation to you.
- Minimized Advertising Costs. Working with our program gives you access to a pool of ready-to-rent tenants. Utilize our online listing tool when you have a vacant unit and we will match you up with a participant that is looking for housing.
- Feeling good about helping others. Sure, you do this because you expect a check – you are in business after all. And we’ll make sure you get paid. But we find often times, the need for a check gives way to a feeling of charity as renters begin to experience how giving people a chance can change the direction of one’s life forever.
How Does This Work?
- We work with you to develop screening criteria that are important to you while reducing barriers that might hamper our households from residing in your property.
- We set you up in our online listing service so we can act quickly when you notify us online of a vacancy or one coming up in the near future. Enrollment in the listing service makes you eligible to access mitigation funds should the need arise. www.socialserve.com/dbh/realtor/?ch=MIAHT
- Based on the screening criteria for your property, we will match a housing-ready household to your available unit.
- Our Continuum of Care housing navigators assist you and the household during your application, lease-up and move-in process. Navigators work directly with the program staff responsible for initiating rent payments and a security deposit if the household cannot cover their own. Navigators even accompany our households to visit the property and meet you or your property manager face-to-face.
- After the tenant moves in, a Continuum of Care housing provider works with your tenant to ensure that the household meets your expectations: (a) pay their rent on time; (b) take care of the unit and (c) be a good neighbor to your other tenants.
- The provider maintains regular contact, as part of their housing support role. The provider can identify a problem that the tenant must resolve to be that good tenant you want.
- Once the tenant moves in, call the assigned housing provider directly if you have any tenant or rent subsidy issues.
- RentConnect provides you with conflict resolution assistance to work through immediate and urgent issues.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.